The Traffic Section receives all traffic citations issued by the Louisiana State Police, McNeese University Police, Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office, and the Sulphur Police Department. If you have received a traffic citation from one of these agencies please read the following questions and answers for help in determining how to resolve your citation:

What options do I have when I receive a traffic citation?

  1. You may pay the citation before the court date if not court mandatory.
  2. Appear in court on the date noted on the citation to contest the citation and you will receive a trial date.

What court do I contact?


The top right corner of the citation will have the proper court.  In Calcasieu Parish it will have one of the following:

  1. 14th Judicial District: Click Here 
  2. Ward 4/Sulphur City Court: Click Here  
  3. Ward 3/Lake Charles City Court: Click Here 

If you wish to contest your ticket in court, please appear in traffic court on the date specified on your ticket.


Should you miss your traffic trial date, a bench warrant will be issued for your arrest.  In addition, your driver’s license will be at risk for suspension.