Due to the continuing public health concerns of the Coronavirus disease, it is necessary to make some changes in our procedures and policies in order to do all that is possible to protect our employees, their families and our community, while continuing to assist the citizens of Calcasieu Parish.
Effective immediately and until further notice:
· Our office will remain open Monday through Friday, however we will have reduced staff in all divisions. Office hours will temporarily be changed to 8:30 to 3:00 during this state of emergency.
· All face-to-face contact with the public will now be discontinued to the extent possible. We will continue to accept phone calls for all your questions and concerns for such matters as court dates, payments of tickets, appointments, etc.
· As a reminder, the Pre-Trial Diversion and Misdemeanor Probation divisions have postponed all appointments for 30 days. All individuals will receive a letter with their next appointment date. You may call our main line at 337-437-3400 for any questions, however, those divisions will remain closed until April 1.
· COURT PROCEEDINGS:
· All criminal court proceedings, ADULT AND JUVENILE, are cancelled EXCEPT for incarcerated individuals. This means that Court will be limited to video conferencing of incarcerated individuals only. This will be for 72 hour court, probation violations, bond hearings and arraignments.
· Juvenile Traffic Court will be postponed as well. The court dates on the tickets
will be rescheduled.
We will continue to re-evaluate all protocols as the situation changes and provide updates via our website at www.calcasieuda.com, our Facebook page and via the news media.