If you were issued a citation by Louisiana State Police, Lake Charles Police Department or Sulphur Police Department AND it has a "B" in the box as shown below you must click here for more information. All other citations please read below.
The Traffic Section receives all traffic citations issued by the Louisiana State Police, McNeese University Police and the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office. if you have received a traffic citation from one of these agencies please read the following questions and answers for help in determining how to resolve your citation:
What options do I have when I receive a traffic citation?
- You may pay the citation before the court date or
- Appear in court on the date noted on the citation to contest the citation and you will receive a trial date.
What court do I contact?
The top right corner of the citation will have the proper court. In Calcasieu Parish it will have one of the following:
- 14th Judicial District www.cpsotix.com
- Ward 4/Sulphur City Court www.sulphurtix.com
- Ward 3/Lake Charles City Court http://www.lccitycourttix.org/